Seagate Unveils Industry's First 12TB Four-Bay Network Storage Server For Small Business
Award-winning BlackArmor® NAS 440 Now Shipping with Four, 3 Terabyte Hard Drives.
Award-winning BlackArmor® NAS 440 Now Shipping with Four, 3 Terabyte Hard Drives
Seagate (NASDAQ: STX) introduced the industry’s highest-capacity, 4-bay and 2-bay, desktop network attached storage solutions to help data-intensive small business address evolving storage needs. The BlackArmor NAS 440 network storage server and BlackArmor NAS 220 network storage server, extend the capacity range of Seagate’s BlackArmor family of storage solutions, enabling businesses to now scale from 1TB to 12TB to help keep pace with the growing stores of high-definition multi-media files and business critical data.
Both the BlackArmor NAS 440 and BlackArmor NAS 220 network storage servers are designed to help businesses with up to 50 employees and little or no IT support, centralize and secure data with maximum uptime by delivering:
- Software management tools that are compatible across the family to provide a consistent user experience and future growth path with minimal training or the need for additional support.
- Support for Microsoft® Active Directory 2000, 2003, 2008 for populating users and groups.
- Unparalleled security with powerful hardware-based encryption.
- Remote access with the included, web-based Seagate Global Access™ service and FTP functionality.
- Quick start features, ability to easily view or map shared volumes to a computer, or back up the PC from which you are working from, using the BlackArmor Discovery tool software, which automatically displays all BlackArmor NAS products connected to the network.
- Full-system backup and recovery helps protect everything on your PC’s hard drive including the operating system, programs and settings. In the event of a system crash or failure, your computer can be restored to a previous point in time with SafetyDrill+™ software.
- Event email notification to alert the user about status and changes to the server.
- Additional USB ports to connect extra USB storage devices, easily share a USB printer or connect an uninterrupted power supply (UPS) to safeguard from power failure.
The BlackArmor NAS 440 server is configured with RAID 5 and ships with 10 backup software licenses out-of-the-box, while the BlackArmor NAS 220 server ships with RAID 1 configuration for automatic data mirroring and 5 backup software licenses. Additional licenses for both products can be purchased in 2 and 5 -set increments on Seagate.com.
Related news about Seagate products
- Seagate Debuts GoFlex Home: Easy-To-Use Centralized Storage For The Whole Family
- Seagate and Samsung Announce Agreement to Jointly Develop Controller Technology for Enterprise SSDs
- Seagate Breaks Capacity Ceiling With World's First 3 Terabyte External Desktop Drive
- Seagate Delivers World's Fastest Hard Drive For Laptop Computers
- Seagate Introduces New Era of External Storage: GoFlex™ Storage System